As part of our standard health and safety operating procedures during camp, we work to reduce the spread of communicable illness or disease through regular, rigorous hand washing and facility cleaning, as well as ensuring that campers or staff who are unwell stay home and get well.
Additionally, our camp staff will now adopt the following daily protocols:
- Wipe down all surfaces (door handles, camper desks, lunch tables, etc.) using disinfectant spray between rotations and at the end of each day.
- Avoid high-fives, handshakes, and hugs and adjust games and celebrations to decrease person-to-person transmission.
- Wash their hands regularly and oversee the hand-washing of every camper before and after snack and lunch, and after using the restroom.
- Campers will use hand sanitizer before they enter the camp doors and sign-in and when they leave each day.
- Mask usage is determined by the campsite although most sites require full-time mandatory masks.
Posted in: Safety Management